Table of Contents
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. Ten Principles of Economics.
2. Thinking Like an Economist.
Appendix: Graphing: A Brief Review.
3. Interdependence and the Gains from Trade.
Part II: SUPPLY AND DEMAND I: HOW MARKETS WORK.
4. The Market Forces of Supply and Demand.
5. Elasticity and Its Application.
6. Supply, Demand, and Government Policies.
Part III: SUPPLY AND DEMAND II: MARKETS AND WELFARE.
7. Consumers, Producers, and the Efficiency of Markets.
8. Application: The Costs of Taxation.
9. Application: International Trade.
Part IV: THE ECONOMICS OF PUBLIC SECTOR.
11. Public Goods and Common Resources.
12. The Design of the Tax System.
Part V: FIRM BEHAVIOR AND THE ORGANIZATION OF INDUSTRY.
13. The Costs of Production.
14. Firms in Competitive Markets.
16. Monopolistic Competition.
Part VI: THE ECONOMICS OF LABOR MARKETS.
18. The Markets for the Factors of Production.
19. Earnings and Discrimination.
20. Income Inequality and Poverty.
Part VII: TOPICS FOR FURTHER STUDY.
21. The Theory of Consumer Choice.
22. Frontiers in Microeconomics.