Table of Contents
1. Intercultural Communication: A Requirement for the Interdependent Global Society.
2. Communication and Culture: The Voice and the Echo.
3. The Deep Structure of Culture: Lessons from the Family.
4. Worldview: Cultural Explanations of Life and Death.
5. Cultural History: Precursor to the Present and Future.
6. Cultural Values: Roadmaps for Behavior.
7. Culture and Identity: Situating the Individual.
8. Verbal Messages: Exchanging Ideas Through Language.
9. Nonverbal Communication: The Messages of Action, Space, Time, and Silence.
10. Intercultural Communication in Contexts: Application in Business, Education, and Healthcare.
11. The Challenges of Intercultural Communication: Managing Differences.