Building on the success of previous editions, Focus on Grammar continues to provide an integrated skills approach to engage students and help them accomplish their goals of communicating confidently, accurately, and fluently. With comprehensive grammar coverage, abundant practice, and ongoing assessment, Focus on Grammar delivers immediate and visible progress through its unique and proven pedagogy that takes learners from comprehension to communication.
- Engaging and motivating content that appeals to learners from various cultural backgrounds
- High-interest readings from a variety of genres that present target grammar and vocabulary in natural contexts
- Clear and easy to read Grammar Charts and Grammar Notes
- Abundance of practice in all language skills
- Corpus-informed content New and updated content showcases culturally relevant topics of interest to modern learners.
- Updated grammar charts and redesigned grammar notes with clear, corpus-informed grammar explanations reflect real and natural language usage, allowing students to grasp the most important aspects of the grammar.
- Expanded communicative activities encourage collaboration and application of target grammar in a variety of settings.
- New unit-ending From Grammar to Writing section allows students to apply grammar in writing through structured tasks from pre-writing to editing.
- New assessment tools, including course diagnostic tests, formative and summative assessments, and a flexible gradebook, are closely aligned with unit learning outcomes to inform instruction and measure progress.
- FOG Go app for iPhone and Android lets students easily navigate Student Book audio clips on their phone or tablet.
- New Essential Online Resources include Student Book audio, answer keys, Grammar Coach videos, self-assessments, and teacher’s resources.